Sunday 30 August 2015

Combination Skin Care Favourites

 
Clinique Take The Day Of Cleansing Balm 125ml
 
So, this product is quite a big deal for me... Why ? Well, It may have replaced my beloved Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm :O ! I know, I know... I thought I'd never find a more affordable and equally as amazing facial balm ever ! My face has never felt so clean and soft plus it removes makeup like a dream, even super stubborn eye makeup without any fuss or hassle. Clinique's facial balm has a stiffer consistency to E. Hardie's but melts quickly onto the skin, I simply move it around my face and neck till all the makeup, dirt and oil is lifted then I wipe over a clean damp facial cloth to remove everything. Simple, effective and quick!
 
 Find it here - £22
 
 
Dermalogica Skin Refining Masque 75ml
 
I found this little beauty a couple of months back when I was desperate to find something to help my pesky blocked pores and oily T-zone. I'd tried a few cheap face masques from my local drug store but nothing was cutting it ! Fortunately, I found a nifty sample of the skin refining masque in the bottom of my draw, I gave it a try and absolutely loved it ! I decided to buy the 75ml bottle and continued to use it 1-2 times a week for the past 5 weeks. This masque specifically tackles, congestion, large pores and over active oil production (a short story on El's skin by Dermalogica loool) the product itself is a smooth, white, clay like texture packed full of green tea, grapefruit and lentil seed. I use a small amount around my T-zone and neck area then leave it on for around 15 minutes, sometimes longer depending on how bad my skin is looking. I wont say that the masque is a complete miracle worker as my pores are still a little large but it really does lift all the gunk and grime that your skin collects daily, plus my face is definitely less oily which I'm completely over the moon about. Overall, this is the perfect solution for greasy clogged skin and I'd 100% recommend it to anyone struggling with any of the problems I listed above.
 
Find it here - £30.30 
 
 
Nip+Fab Skin Glycolic Scrub Fix 75ml
 
Face scrubs are a must for me, as not only is my face ridicously oily at times it can be overly dry and flaky too (combination skin problems). When I was having my skin crisis a month or two ago I started to develop mild acne around my cheeks/neck/chest, I only ever get small spots on my T-zone area and very, very rarely get a pimple anywhere else. Along with this I started to get overly dry around my nose and hairline which was definitely unappreciated -_- I was really struggling to find a scrub that would take on my acne and dry patches without making either situation worse (nightmare!) I was frantically looking through the Boots.com website when I came across the Nip + Fab products, the Glycolic Scrub had a killer 5 star review and I noticed that the ingredients included salicylic acid (great for preventing spots). Considering the scrub was so cheap too I didn't hesitate to buy and try straight away ! I've practically used this product every couple of days for the last 2 months and the difference in my skin it astounding, my cheek acne has disappeared along with a reduction in redness/marks on my neck and chest (result!) my dry patches are a thing of the past and I'm generally much happier with the appearance of my skin.
 
Find it here - £4.97
 
 
Foreo Luna Sensitive Skin
 
If you're looking to splurge on a luxury skin care device this is the one you should go for ! I first heard about the Foreo Luna on +Inthefrow's YouTube channel, I was intrigued to know how it worked and how it was better than the usual facial cleansing brushes. After umming and ahhing for well over 3 months and reading/re-reading a billion reviews I decided to take the plunge and purchase the Luna. The device itself is an electronic,palm sized,silicone covered brush with small bristles on the front and a ridged surface on the back. The idea is that the Luna is more hygienic/super gentle on the skin as the silicone is easy to clean and the vibrations help the device move smoothly across your face without any irritation. The first time I tried it I really wasn't sure if it had done anything (typical me wanting instant results) but I was reassured by the Foreo website that I would see a difference within 3 days. After the third day I did in fact see a considerable difference, my blemishes were reduced, my skin felt smoother and looked super refreshed. I use the Luna twice a day everyday for 5 minutes mixed with my facial balm or face wash, it basically acts like a gentle exfoliant and is great for prepping your skin before applying make up or to remove it in a hurry. Yes, the device is pricey but in my opinion is well worth the price tag, it leaves your skin squeaky clean, is the perfect size to pop in an over night bag and would make the most amazing gift to any skin care enthusiast.
 
To find out more on the Luna's features/prices click here - £145
 
 
Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion 200ml
 
I've always loved Clinique's 3 Step Skincare System and I've been an avid user of the Clarifying Lotion 1 for dry skin. Although I'm still very happy with the dry skin lotion I needed something with an added edge to help my breakouts. I was watching one of the +beautycrush's Youtube videos and Sammi mentioned the Mild Clarifying Lotion had helped the spots on her chest etc. I looked it up straight away and discovered it had the same ingredients as the Nip+Fab scrub (glycolic and salicylic acid) I immediately knew that it would be perfect and the exact thing my skin needed ! I've used the Mild Lotion every other day for the last 2 weeks or so and have really reaped the benefits. I've had little to no breakouts, a reduction in red marks and my skin feels less tight as there's 0% alcohol used in the lotion. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with spot prone/sensitive skin as it really is so gentle and helpful towards dryness/breakouts.
 
Find it here - £16.50
 
 
Lush Grease Lightning Spot Treatment 45g
 
Now, I cant say I'm a fan of all natural skincare, it 9 times out of 10 doesn't work for me but I was having a look through some Lush products, mainly at the pretty bath bombs as per, when the Grease Lightning Spot Treatment caught my eye. I usually pop a blob of Sudocrem on any stubborn blemishes as that's been my go to product for years but I really wanted to try something less drying. I skimmed through the ingredients and noticed a few things I already like such as tea tree, aloe vera and lavender oil, so I really wasn't to hesitant to give it a whirl. I place one to two squirts of the treatment onto my finger then apply It to any pimples I can see. Within an hour my spots become smaller/less flushed and after a couple days of reapplying they've near enough disappeared ! I really cant get enough of the fresh herbal smell and love how effective the natural ingredients are, It's safe to say I'll be heading straight to Lush's skincare section next time I'm there.
 
Find it here - £6.40
 
 
 
What are your favourite blemish treatments ? Have you tried any of the products I've talked about above ? Leave me a comment I'd love to hear from you :) !
 
 
El
xXx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Great products! Your blog is so pretty♥♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete